This is part of the DIY Film School. South Texas Underground Film’s Challenges are to educate and refresh filmmakers on film history and technique.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Russian Winter Challenge is for the filmmaker to use a hands on approach by using editing techniques/theories, established by Sergei Eisenstein in the early1900’s, called Soviet Montage.
ABOUT THE RUSSIAN WINTER CHALLENGE
South Texas Underground Film is seeking out films/media that follow any of the following editing techniques the Russian filmmaker Sergei Eisenstein helped to establish:
- Each type of technique is built on upon the one previous, therefore more complex than the last.
- For more detailed information on each technique please go to Woody Lindsey’s page.
- We want silent films or media. Silent Films had music, so your film/media can have music if you wish.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 · 7:00pm – 11:30pm
2306 Airline Rd.
Corpus Christi, TX
*Q&A with filmmakers in attendance
- Audience Choice
- Filmmaker Choice
- Jury Award
- Sound Editing
4 January 2012
GENERAL RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any genre
- Any year
- Shorts(30mins or less)
- If using titles, please use English titles
- DVD NTSC Region 0 or 1
- Digital Format(.mov, .wmv, .mpg, etc.) *all digital formats are fine
- In addition to your entry, please enclose any press kits, reviews, or publicity materials.
- Please send two(2) menu-less DVD or for screening.
- Presentational format will need to be in our office no later than two days after the deadline for programming.
- Be sure to indicate aspect ratio of your film/video as well as any other special screening/presentation information we might need to know.
- We do not pay rental fees for submitted work that is programmed.
- Please do not post links to your films or post them on our FB, Twitter or website. You may post trailers and stills to promote your film.
- By entering a film/video, permission is granted to South Texas Underground Film to screen it in its year-round programming. Through our Screenings, Broadcasts and year-round programming, South Texas Underground Film showcases local, US and international filmmakers, fostering a greater sense of awareness and community among the filmmakers and audiences.
- Cost of shipping exhibition prints to STUF is the responsibility of the entrant.
- Exhibition copies must be sent to South Texas Underground Film prepaid.
- South Texas Underground Film cannot accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials while in transit.
- Please use only plastic or bubble pack cases when shipping entries.(the mail can be rough on packages)
- Digital Format through email:
- Send your DVD’s to:
South Texas Underground Film
ATTN: Mariella Perez
5725 Curtis Clark #1822
Corpus Christi, Texas
- Please enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard if you wish to receive confirmation that your entry has been received.
- Use delivery confirmation